Staying healthy doesn't have to be rocket-science!
There is an abundance of information out there on training, wellbeing, nutrition and lifestyle. In fact, there is so much information that it is sometimes confusing rather than helping us.
I'm feeling motivated to provide some easy, useful, educated knowledge and here are My 15 Tips For A Healthier You:
1) Burn more fat by doing high intensity training rather than limiting intensity to stay in a so-called fat burning zone, Myth Buster: The aim is to burn the most fuel possible, which means burning BOTH Fats AND Carbohydrates...more sweat = more weight loss! (Research: Am. Journal of Physiol., Romijin JA).
2) Choose foods that are less than 5g Fat and Sugar per 100g.
3) Your Carbohydrate foods should be high in Fibre (>6g/100g) to help you feel more full, maintain low blood sugar levels, provide longer lasting energy and to help keep your bowels regular.
4) Lower your Sodium to prevent extra cellular Fluid Loading and Hypertension (High Blood Pressure). Aim for choices <130mg/100g.
5) begin the day with a Thermogenic like Green Tea, Black Coffee or 360Health Acetyl L-Carnitine - prior to Breakfast - to quicken metabolism by helping the body transport fat to the mitochondria for conversion into Energy (effect enhanced with fasted exercise).
6) Fruit is full of Sugar (Fructose). Choose only from the Berry Family but make Leafy Vegetables your best friend! Broccoli should make up 3 of your daily 5 cups of green vegetables due to its exceptionally high component of Diindolylmethane (DIM), which helps burn stomach region fats.
7) Aim to include a Protein component to each of your 5-6 Meals or Snacks throughout the day - in 25g to 35g serves - every 3 to 4 hours. This provides for optimal muscle absorption and satiety (satisfied fullness), therefore less temptation for treats!
8) NO Juice, Sugared Soft Drinks, Full Cream Milk, Coconut Oils, Processed Meats, Butter, Chocolate, Chips, Bread, Cream and Alcohol for 6 out of 7 days.
9) Choose Reduced Fat Products: They Do Not necessarily have more sugar! Test this by reading the Food Label. It's crucial to understand that each Gram of Fat carries 9 Calories, which is more than double that of Sugar (4 Calories per Gram)!
10) Branch Chain Amino Acids make up 1/3 of your Muscle Mass - You'll find these in animal proteins - in addition sip on 360Health BCAA's through your Training Sessions.
11) Males - Boost Testosterone at night when it is at its lowest by consuming poly-unsaturated fats like walnuts and almonds. You could combine this with a Zinc supplement like ZMA, which aids actual Testosterone secretion. Note: Don't combine Zinc with Calcium (Dairy) as they compete with each other for absorption.
12) Increase Iron Absorption from your Spinach and Steak by adding Vitamin C in the form of diced Red Capsicum or lemon juice.
13) Include Vitamin A rich foods in your daily diet, to improve Eye Sight, Strengthen Immunity and Reproduction: Sweet Potato, Carrot & Green Beans.
14) include Vitamin E from Cabbage, Broccoli, Whole Grains and Seeds - for their Antioxidant function in reducing cell toxicity.
15) Prioritise Your Health Goals! Don't try and achieve everything at once, as this will just make nutrition and training too complicating. What's your first goal? Let's do it!